I figured for the last MMMMonday, I would share something that you all have to keep secret. So come in close, and get ready to burn your laptop after reading this.
For those of you that don't know, I have a bakery. Chasing the Sky Bakery is my in home baking company. And I swore I would never give out ANY of my recipes. But, I like you all a lot. So I'm going to share my recipe for my Chocolate Chip Cookies. But, not my big, fat, fluffy ones. Those are a family recipe that I will take to my grave (after sharing with Skylar of course).
These are my Thin and Crispy Chocolate Chip Cookies.
2 cups all purpose flour
1/2 tsp baking soda
1 stick of butter (room temp)
1 cup of brown sugar packed
1/2 cup of sugar
1 tbsp vanilla extract
1 bag of chocolate chips
What To Do:
1. Preheat the oven to 350°F. Grease cookie sheets or line with parchment paper.
2. Mix together the flour, baking soda and salt; set aside. In a medium bowl, cream together the butter, brown sugar, and white sugar until well blended.
3. Beat in the vanilla and eggs until light and creamy. Mix in the dry ingredients until just blended.
4. Stir in the chocolate chips by hand using a wooden spoon. Drop cookie dough at about a tablespoon at a time onto the prepared cookie sheets. Cookies should be about 2 inches apart.
5. Bake larger cookies for 10 to 12 minutes in the preheated oven, or until the edges are lightly toasted. Cool on baking sheets for a few minutes before transferring to wire racks to cool completely.
I hope you love these things as much as I do!
Let me know if you would like to see more of MMMMondays in the future! I'm considering making this a permanent feature! But only if you all wonderful people like seeing it! Let me know in the comments below!