Usually, we are home by 6pm and eat dinner with Kyle's parents. Sometimes, when we have a lot to do, Kyle and I will take the kids out to eat. Chipotle, Golden Corral, or McDonald's are usually where we end up. I'm trying to change our eating habits around here though. I'm trying to cut down the amount of fast food we eat and how often we go out to eat.
Today, I didn't want to eat out and Kyle's parents were running late and no one left anything out to de-thaw for dinner. Good thing I was already at Wal-Mart. I then remembered about a stroganoff recipe I saw a few weeks ago.
I made a few alterations to my recipe, and renamed it. Kyle loves the Fast and Furious movies, and in an effort to make him a bit happier with eating mushrooms (which he detests) I named it after the movies. It also helps that this is a quick dinner. 25 minutes roughly.
- 1 pound of ground beef (the leaner the better)
- 1/4 cup of cold
- 1 T of corn starch
- 2 cans of cream of
- 1 package of egg noodles
- 1 t of garlic
- 1 t of salt
- 1/2 t of black
- 1 cup of sour cream
- Cook beef and drain
- Dissolve corn starch in the cold water and pour over beef.
- Add garlic salt, salt, pepper, and soup to the beef.
- Turn down to low and let simmer while the noodles cook.
- Once you've cooked and drained the noodles, mix the beef mixture in.
- Add the sour cream and stir well.
- Devour at a Fast and Furious pace!